If you're new to the world of Fringe, this video will tell you what you need to know:
- The pattern is a series of disturbing unexplained events happening around the world which is being investigated by the fringe division of the FBI.
- The main fringe division consists of Phillip Broyles, Olivia Dunham, Peter Bishop, Dr. Walter Bishop and Astrid Farnsworth.
- Walter spent seventeen years in a mental institution.
- Walter's former lab partner, William Bell, founded Massive Dynamic: a multi-billion dollar global corporation and the military's largest contractor. Nina Sharp is the chief operating officer of massive dynamic.
- The Observer is a mysterious figure who has been seen at events connected to the pattern throughout history.
- The Observer saved Walter and Peter's life years ago when they were in a car accident.
- Walter and William Bell have in the past opened a hole into an alternate universe, which may have inadvertently started the pattern.
- Peter died when he was seven. He doesn't know this and Walter holds a secret as to whom Peter really is.
- As a child, Olivia was tested on by Walter & Bell with a drug called Cortexiphan. Since then she has had special abilities that allow her to see into the other side.
- Olivia was pulled into the alternate universe by William Bell, who is apparently stuck there. He warned that a war is coming between the two realities.
Anything you think is missing from the list?