Sunday, November 22, 2009

New iPhone Application plan.pack.go is on the Top 20 Paid Applications List

New iPhone Application plan.pack.go is on the Top 20 Paid Applications List

Tangent Software today announces that plan.pack.go has made its way into the Top 20 Paid Applications in the Travel category of the US iTunes Store since its launch on April 9, 2009. This simple yet highly customizable iPhone and iPod touch application is designed to assist frequent travelers pack effectively for their trips. Whether it is a business trip, a vacation or simply a weekend getaway, plan.pack.go radically simplifies the way travelers prepare themselves.

plan.pack.go helps travelers organize their packing before a trip. Users may add items as and when they come to mind and check them off when they are packed. It provides users peace of mind that they are well prepared before leaving home.

"I'm constantly forgetting to pack certain things when I travel, that's why when I saw this app I knew I had to purchase it. This is my first review on the app store, but I felt this was such a useful app that I had to write a review on it," said Brett Hamlin, an early adopter of plan.pack.go. "What I love about plan.pack.go is the simplicity and ease of use. The developers have included pre-made templates, which comes in very handy when I create my Do-Not-Forget lists. All I need to do is check an item from the comprehensive list of items the developers have cleverly included and enter the quantity I will need. It also lets me create my own items, but I doubt I'll ever need to do so as the items in the preloaded list are pretty exhaustive. It's very easy to use and I can't wait to use it again for my next trip."

"We have constructed the application to be elegantly simple, intuitive, practical and easy to use," said Michael Tan, founder of Tangent Software. "Making the Top 20 List is indeed a significant milestone for our company and it strongly affirms our confidence in the product's appeal to our traveling customers."

plan.pack.go features two different methods of adding items to a packing list. A user may select items by performing a narrow-down search on the vast selection found in the built-in catalog. If an item required is not found in the catalog, users can create them on the fly. Alternatively, some users may find browsing through the catalog, which is organized by categories, a simpler approach.

The use of category navigation buttons and the involvement of the accelerometer, which enables flipping between the list of packed and yet-to-pack items, makes it possible for single-handed use during packing. Attention is given to the use of sound, motion, visual and motor feedback. This together with the adoption of a visually appealing interface further enhances the overall user experience.

"It is my philosophy that every successful application is 80% designed and 20% customized to individual needs," said Michael Tan. "We plan to continually provide free updates to the application, tailoring to the needs of our customers based on constructive reviews and feedbacks on the iTunes Store. We anticipate that adoption of plan.pack.go in other regions will soon follow the encouraging trend set in the US."

plan.pack.go is priced at USD 1.99 and is currently available as a download from any Apple iTunes Store worldwide. For additional information and a preview video of plan.pack.go, visit www.tangentsoftware.net/planpackgo/

About Tangent Software:

Founded in 2008 and based in Singapore, Tangent Software is the premier iPhone development company in Asia bringing innovative applications on the iPhone and iPod touch with worldwide distribution. The company's products include plan.pack.go, Upcoming Events, Upcoming Birthdays and Net Acronyms.


No comments:

Post a Comment