Monday, January 18, 2010

Jane Lynch on . . .

Jane Lynch on . . .

ON HER HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE:
"I didn't know what 'gay' was in high school. We used the word 'queer' when someone was weird – when I finally heard what it really meant, my heart sank, and I thought, 'Oh God, that's me.'"

ON PROP 8 AND EQUAL RIGHTS:
"Shouldn't there be safeguards against the majority voting on the rights of a minority?If people voted on civil rights in the 60s, it would have never happened. It took somebody like [President] Lyndon Johnson going, 'eff all of you! I'm going to do this.' Obama won't do it. He's a huge disappointment to me."

ON BEING OUT IN HOLLYWOOD:
"I think if I were an ingénue – if I were Kate Winslet – it probably would hurt my career, but because I'm Jane Lynch and I'm a character actor, the world isn't projecting their romantic fantasies on me."

[source: the Guardian]

No comments:

Post a Comment