Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Seagull Sitting In The Rain Looking Sad Is Not, It Turns Out, An Emergency

Seagull Sitting In The Rain Looking Sad Is Not, It Turns Out, An Emergency
I’ve mostly tuned out the Daily Mail’s nonstop animal stories, because there’s three or four of them every day, and they’re usually not half as absurd or true as the headlines lead you to believe, plus how many wacky animal stories can you really take (it should be called the Daily Ani-Mail, you know what [...]

I’ve mostly tuned out the Daily Mail’s nonstop animal stories, because there’s three or four of them every day, and they’re usually not half as absurd or true as the headlines lead you to believe, plus how many wacky animal stories can you really take (it should be called the Daily Ani-Mail, you know what I mean??? You should know what I mean, it’s a very simple pun.)

It takes a uniquely absurd online animal story to cause my brain to use the necessary amount of time to process the information it’s reading, and that’s where this headline comes in…

Daily Mail Seagull Headline

…Lemmie get this straight, DAILY MAIL REPORTER: you’re saying that someone phoned the UK’s animal welfare service to report that a seagull appeared to be “sad” because it was sitting in the rain? Lemmie read the article:

RSPCA staff were stunned when a member of the public called their emergency line to say a seagull was looking sad because it was sitting in the rain.

Hm. So that’s exactly what you’re saying. Alright, Daily Mail, you win this round. You have officially gotten my attention with an amusing animal story that I will, in fact, pass along to my friends.

I would’ve preferred the following picture to be included in the story somewhere, but I’m not picky:

Sad Seagull


Source: www.bestweekever.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment